- This class has passed.
Basics of Woodworking (4-part series)
August 10 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Saturday, repeating until August 10, 2019
PREREQUISITE: Shop Orientation course. Visit the main Classes page to sign up if you have not taken this already.
Develop the primary skills to get started in woodworking with this four-part series. Perfect for beginners, and useful for those who need to brush up. Participants will build a sliding-lid box from a provided plan (see photo for example). No membership or prior experience required.
Skills and topics covered include:
– Shop safety
– Reading plans- Buying wood
– Measuring and squaring wood
– Best practices for cutting, planing, sanding, gluing, joining and more
– Troubleshooting common errors and obstacles
- Table Saw
- Chop (Miter) Saw
- Drill Press
- Power Sanders
- Chisels, clamps, and some hand tools