Getting ready to reopen!
Wow — it sure has been a long time since the shop was humming. Fortunately, that’s about to change!
Here’s the plan. We will reopen Thursday, June 4, 2020. There are NEW hours of business and NEW procedures to follow. Please read this entire email to see what has changed.
GUIDELINES IN THE SHOP
- Face coverings are required for everyone entering the shop. This is a state mandate for businesses, and we will comply. Anyway — it’s a wood shop. Masks are good for you, dust is not.
- Users must bring their own PPE: safety glasses, hearing protection, and dust mask or face covering. We have a small stock of glasses and earplugs for sale at the shop, but we do not have masks to sell.
- Members must schedule shop time in advance — see below for details.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the shop.
- Social distancing: No more than 4 members will be allowed in the shop at one time. This number does not include resident woodworkers (those who have their own spaces) and staff. Workbenches will be placed at least 6 feet apart.
- Cleaning supplies will be placed around the shop. Users must wipe down equipment after use (like at the gym).
- Do not come to the shop if:
- You are feeling ill. AT ALL;
- You have come in contact with anyone presenting symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for the virus;
- You have traveled out of the Albuquerque metro area in the last 14 days.
- Our staff also pledges to follow these guidelines.
- Members who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
NEW BUSINESS HOURS
Please note changes to our open shop times.
- Wednesday-Thursday: 10 am to 8 pm
- Friday-Sunday: 11 am to 5 pm
SCHEDULING SHOP TIME
The workshop is open for members, punch card users, and day pass use. You can now book time online in 2-hour increments; you may book consecutive time slots, but please do not book more time than you reasonably need.
Booking online is the easiest way to see when time slots are available. Click the button for details. You may also call or email for a time.Book Workshop Time
ALL GUIDELINES AND BUSINESS HOURS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
We will resume orientation classes for new members later in June. Please sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on classes.