Scheduling shop time, and more new procedures
Hi everyone! The Dovetail team is making some adjustments to ensure your safety and ours, as we all cooperate to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Here’s what we’re doing.
- We are disinfecting & cleaning all door handles, restroom and break room facilities, all hard surface points of contact, in regular rotation. Wood is very porous and less of a risk for virus transmission than hard surfaces.
- We require everyone to wash their hands upon entering the shop.
- We are monitoring the health of our staff and asking everyone to check their temperature before coming to work.
- We are following these guidelines for mass gatherings (cv.nmhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Mass-Gathering-FAQs-1.pdf) as recommended by the New Mexico Dept of Health.
In addition, our staff have all been instructed to notify us immediately and stay home if they meet the following criteria. DO NOT COME IN IF:
- You are sick, have flu-like symptoms, fever, cough, sore throat or difficulty breathing;
- You have come in contact with anyone presenting symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for the virus;
- You have traveled within the last 14 days to any region, foreign or domestic, that has any confirmed community transmission of COVID-19;
- And if anyone in your household also meets these criteria.
MEMBERSHIP AND SHOP USAGE
The workshop remains open for members and punch card users. However, we are implementing a new system of reserving 3-hour blocks of time in advance, effective immediately. We will allow 3 people per time slot, to provide space for social distancing. (The 3-person cap excludes staff and Dovetail residents.)
Slots will be assigned on a first-come first-served basis. Please email or call (505-926-1693) a day in advance to reserve a time. We will post open time slots on our homepage to help you plan.
Time slots are as follows:
Wednesday thru Friday:
- 11 am – 2 pm
- 2 pm – 5 pm
- 5 pm – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday:
- 10 am – 1 pm
- 1 pm – 4 pm
We will reserve the final hour of the weekend days to perform deep cleaning.
If you own a dust mask, please bring it. We do not have any on site to borrow or purchase.
We have chosen to suspend classes until at least April 10 (including those in progress). At that time we will re-evaluate based on current public health conditions and recommendations.
If you choose not to attend a class for which you have registered, your account will be credited for the amount paid toward a future class. Let us know as soon as possible if you will not be attending, as a courtesy to our instructors.
The Dovetail team is exploring many alternatives to in-person classes, such as offering take-home project kits, livestreams, and other online tutorials. We want to continue to engage our maker community while we all learn to navigate this time of social distancing. Check out our Facebook and Instagram feeds for fun woodworking posts, memes and videos, and share your favorites with us!
We strongly believe that creative pursuits are one of the best ways to fight stress, anxiety, and boredom, wherever you are. If you have ideas for ways we can help one another accomplish this, let us know!
Send us your questions & suggestions, and be well.