Date & Time
Jan 21, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM MST
6102 Jefferson St NE Ste D
Note: This is an intermediate to advanced level project. PREREQUISITE: Orientation, Table Saw Basics class, or a working knowledge of basic woodworking.
Make a classic chess or checkerboard! Class meets over two separate days. We'll follow the United States Chess Federation recommendation of 2-inch spaces, resulting in a 16x16-inch playing area.
DAY 1 (Jan 21) - The first session will have a break of about two hours between steps to allow the glue to set up
- Step 1 (10 am): Glue up alternating strips of wood and clamp, let dry.
- Step 2 (1:30 pm): Plane and square first glue up, then cut strips to exact width and alternate to form checkerboard pattern. Glue up again.
DAY 2 (Jan 23, or by appointment)
Plane and square the board again, add a mitered frame and sand. You will take home your board to apply finish. We will provide recommendations for finishes and application guidance.
Want to make one board together with a friend? Select both Individual Admission and Add a Partner at checkout.
Day 1: Part 1
2 hours 30 minutes
Day 1: Part 2
Class tuition and materialsFrom $15.00 to $125.00Sold Out
- $125.00Tax: +$9.84 NM Sales+$3.37 service fee
- $15.00Tax: +$1.18 NM Sales+$0.40 service fee
- $112.50Tax: +$8.86 NM Sales+$3.03 service fee
This event is sold out