- This class has passed.
Hand Tool Academy: Sharpening
October 3, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm MDT
Learn techniques for sharpening chisels, plane irons and other edged tools for great performance!
In this class, you will learn about:
– How to tune up and sharpen your edged tool (we will not cover carving tools or knives);
– Sharpening safety;
– What “sharpness” is;
– Types of tool steel, advantages and disadvantages, and common woodworking tool applications;
– Types of sharpening methods and their advantages and
– Quick overview of powered grinders and electric sharpening methods;
– Shop aids to help you sharpen more effectively.
Bring one edged tool that needs sharpening (not heavily damaged) if you have one; otherwise all tools and materials will be provided for practice.
$45 for individual Hand Tool Academy classes
$120 for any three classes in series ($15 off)
$150 for all four classes ($30 off)